24 Hour Fitness, INC. Corporate HR Business Partner in San Ramon, California
LOCATION 12647 Alcosta Blvd San Ramon CA 94583
This role is a key strategic HR Business partner for our senior leaders and their teams. The HRBP plays a key role in collaborating with and advising senior leaders as well as developing and driving a talent agenda that aligns with business goals. This role is a valued partner to the business in identifying opportunities and developing and implementing solutions and strategies to impact results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
Estimated % of Time Spent
1. Strategic Partnership
· Develop highly collaborative and trusting relationships with executives and leaders built on credibility to proactively understand, guide, and advise on strategic business and people matters.
· Develop and drive strategies to meet changing business and talent needs to support the achievement of company and team goals.
· Provide forward-looking counsel, coaching, and creative solutions that enhance individual, team, and organizational performance.
· Participate in business leadership meetings as a strategic partner to identify people related implications.
· Work systematically to diagnose problems, analyze data, identify root causes, and recommend solutions for HR related business issues. Develop creative and innovative solutions for improvement.
2. People Planning
· Work closely with leaders to create, implement and manage the people strategies to align with business objectives.
· Develop our leaders and their leadership capabilities to build high performing teams and organizations. Proactively identify opportunities and gaps and provide guidance on practical courses of action.
· Lead the enhancement of team capabilities through talent assessment, development, and forward-thinking organizational planning -- workforce planning, organizational design, bench strength, succession planning.
· Provide leadership coaching at all levels: assess appropriate development, solutions/intervention strategies for talent needs within each function, including team and bench development.
· Have a pulse on team culture and trends and proactively advise and influence leaders in the planning and development of specific team member engagement strategies to address, implement, and maintain a highly engaged team and culture.
· Lead and support company change management initiatives and serve as a catalyst to ensure changes are implemented to align communication, behavior, and infrastructure to support.
3. Thought Leader within HR
· Act as a senior subject matter expert in HR initiatives and guide business leaders.
· Own various HR projects -- define objectives and key results, prioritize against other responsibilities, partner and delegate work, and track and meet assigned deliverables.
· Bring research and best practices to the table as a thought partner within HR.
· Leverage data, metrics, and analytics to support informed decision making and proactively evaluate and advise on key team member programs.
Interpret and communicate company policies, and laws and collaborate with legal counsel and leadership to maintain compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws.
Partner with internal Team Member Relations team on employee relations and internal investigations and advise and collaborate with business leaders to determine resolution and team member outcomes.
Other duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Director, HRBP and is a business partner to corporate leadership roles and interacts directly with team members within the corporate functions. This position works collaboratively with all field and corporate HR roles.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Proven ability to develop strong strategic working relationships with leaders and act as a strategic partner on all people related decisions.
· Strong abilities in root cause analysis and ideating and successfully implementing effective solutions.
· Experience and proficiency with talent development, succession planning, organizational change management, retention, and engagement.
· Thrive in a fast paced and changing environment while maintaining focus on delivering strategic objectives.
· Proactive, with the ability to work independently setting own priorities and objectives with supervisory consultation.
· Skilled at focusing on desired results, determining what is important and urgent, identifying next steps, and delegating effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results.
· Ability to proactively identify themes and trends to complex issues, and ideate solutions, influence and partner with implementation and resolution.
· Ability to maintain highly confidential information.
· Detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively present to and facilitate both large and small groups.
· Knowledge of State and Federal laws, regulations and requirements related to HR including ERISA, EEO, LOAs, ADA, COBRA, Wage & Hour and Worker's Compensation.
Minimum Educational Level/Certifications
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field or equivalent experience.
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications
· 5+ years of progressive HR Business Partner experience within a corporate environment.
· HRBP experience working in an advisory role with senior leaders
· Experience successfully managing large and complex projects and program rollouts.
Physical Demands/ Environmental Conditions
· This role is located in in office.
· This role is located in San Ramon, CA and will require up to monthly travel to Carlsbad, CA.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Experience developing effective PowerPoint presentations.
· SHRM Certified Professional (PHR) or Senior Professional (SPHR).
Work Experience and Qualification
· Work experience within a multi-unit company
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned. This job may be reviewed as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity.
COMPLIANCE & INTEGRITY: Consistently supports compliance and Workplace Conduct by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements (if applicable), and 24 Hour Fitness' policies and procedures.
All Directors, Managers and Supervisors are accountable for communication, implementation, enforcement, monitoring and oversight of compliance policies and practices in their departments.
SERVICE & QUALITY : In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by 24 Hour Fitness as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to member and team members, contracted providers and vendors.
WORKPLACE SAFETY: In addition to defined working conditions and physical requirements, employees are accountable for working safely; following established policies & procedures; and reporting all injuries and hazards to their supervisor immediately.
Supervisors and Managers are accountable for ensuring the safety performance of employees; applying consistent practices in compliance with federal, state and local regulations; providing guidance to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
FUNCTIONAL GROUP Human Resources