24 Hour Fitness, INC. Compensation Analyst in San Ramon, California
LOCATION 12647 Alcosta Blvd San Ramon CA 94583 Reporting to the Manager of Compensation, this position is responsible for providing analytical and consultative support to all levels of field/corporate management regarding 24 Hour Fitness' Compensation programs and policies. The Compensation Analyst work with cross-functional teams in the analysis, reporting and project management of competitive compensation programs & policies for club, field and corporate staff. This position provides client support, develop cost modeling, lead cyclical/focal merit/bonus programs, provide analysis and reporting, complete job evaluations and market pricing, develop and maintain policies, and document and administer incentive plans.
- Compensation Analysis and Reporting and Projects
- Prepare detailed complex models and monthly/quarterly reports detailing bonus compensation and performance trends for field positions.
- Calculate monthly and quarterly bonus accruals for eligible field and corporate positions and partner with Commissions for appropriate payout distributions.
- Prepare analysis and complex spreadsheet models to support special projects, as needed. Provide ad-hoc reporting supporting leadership and team.
- Create job codes and maintain job code tables, ensuring tables are properly documented in internal sites.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all survey houses and consulting firms in the survey process and provides all survey data for purchased products. Track and monitor survey participation, including costs and submission dates. Recommend survey process improvements and continually looks for new market data sources.
- Research and recommend improvements to compensation processes or workflows and support the development, implementation and maintenance of compensation tools and systems.
- Work with Compensation team in developing and maintaining field and corporate salary ranges, geographic differentials, including periodic evaluation of salary range movement.
Create and update club wage ranges and all associated documentation to reflect changes, including federal/state minimum wages. Update matrices, field calculator triggers and approvers.
Client Group Support/Job Evaluations
- Serve as an advisor and consultant to the business to help solve compensation related issues that align with the company's compensation philosophy and business objectives.
- Prepare internal equity and market analyses for assigned positions based on benchmark and related market information and recommend competitive grade, FLSA exemption and compensation (base and bonus).
Partner with Human Resources Business Partners and Talent Acquisition to provide recommendations on external and internal offers.
Cyclical Processes & Field Compensation Plan Documents
- Lead cyclical/focal review programs such as merit, minimum wage and bonus from inception to execution for corporate and field functions and provide support to HR Business Partners.
- Manage third party vendor relationship providing guidance on program milestones, tool enhancements/requirements and testing.
- Prepare executive summaries and analysis to obtain final approval of merit/bonus spends.
- Create accurate and timely Human Resources Information Systems/Payroll upload/ data files.
- Lead post implementation/lessons learned, obtaining feedback from key stakeholders and recommending process/program efficiencies and changes.
- Participate in the design and/or analysis of bonus plans.
- Update Field Compensation Plan documents.
- Ensure plans are posted on all internal sites and made available to our HR Business Partners.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge, Skills & Abilities * Strong, recent compensation/total rewards experience. * Strong statistical analysis skills. * Advanced Excel skills including Pivot Tables; vlookups and logic based formulas. * Strong PowerPoint skills that can present at all levels of leadership. * Familiarity with submitting survey data input, interpreting survey results, and creating detailed reports. * Ability to conduct job evaluations and create salary structures. * Experience leading compensation projects (focal reviews), experience with tools for administration of merit and incentive processes and managing vendors. * Strong verbal and written communications skills. * Ability to work independently, on multiple tasks with excellent time management and organization skills. * Ability to interact with all levels of employees with a positive attitude of customer service. * Ability to be flexible in changing work priorities.
FUNCTIONAL GROUP Human Resources