24 Hour Fitness, INC. Benefits Analyst in San Ramon, California
LOCATION 12647 Alcosta Blvd San Ramon CA 94583
Reporting to the Senior Director of Benefits and Compensation, this position analyzes, reviews, and determines cost effective approaches for providing various team member benefit programs. This position is responsible for analyzing and monitoring plan performance and industry trends, assessing current processes, and supporting department initiatives to ensure benefit program compliance and competitiveness within the marketplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
Estimated % of Time Spent
1. Plan Administration and Communication
· Coordinate all aspects of Company disability management programs, including but not limited to Company leave of absence and return to work programs. Provide technical support and follow up to ensure a smooth and efficient workflow of all disability management procedures, projects and leave of absence policies and procedures.
· Administer the company 401(k) plan, nonqualified deferred compensation plan, executive benefits and flexible spending account plans.
· Prepare and/or review federally mandated filings/notices and team member communications including: IRS Annual Return -- Form 5500, Summary Annual Reports (SAR), Summary Plan Descriptions (SPD), Summary of Material Modifications (SMM), and Plan Amendments.
· Research and resolve system problems for Benefits staff, HR, HRIS, Payroll, Risk Management, and vendor/service providers.
· Develop benefit plans, team member communications, and plan documentation.
· Perform miscellaneous duties/assignments, upon request.
· Develop and deliver benefit presentations at meetings and trainings.
· Provide training to Benefits staff using subject matter expertise.
· Monitor and analyze regulatory and legislative requirements to maintain compliance of team member benefit plans, retirement plans, time off, wellness, leave of absence, and disability programs.
· Monitor and analyze industry trends to benchmark company sponsored benefit program offerings to market.
3. Design metrics and programs
· Develop and maintain plan performance metrics for employer sponsored benefit plans, including leave of absence and disability programs.
· Provide analysis and recommendation for strategies, enhancements, and changes to existing or new programs that are consistent with the Company's business objectives.
· Design, implement and administer team member wellness programs.
· Analyze and support the negotiation of contract and policy provisions of Administrative Services Agreements (ASO) and insured contracts with brokers, insurance carriers, and benefit service providers.
· Develop and recommend strategic planning of corporate benefit plans and programs based on analysis.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Benefits and Compensation and has does not have any direct reports. This position interacts with department leadership, HR Business Partners (including HRIS and HRSS), Payroll, Legal, Internal Audit, Accounting/Finance, Tax, Procurement, Marketing, IT, broker/consultants, third-party Benefits Administrators and vendors.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Strong knowledge of Managed Care Provider Networks, capitation, indemnity, Medicare Risk, HMO, PPO, POS, HDHP, state and private disability benefits, life benefit structures and funding methodologies.
· Strong knowledge of ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, IRC, FMLA, ADA/FEHA, PPACA, 401(k) and other savings plans, and applicable federal and state regulations.
· Strong ability to adapt procedures and processes to accomplish the requirements of the position.
· Strong ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals.
· Strong business, business software, and English skills including vocabulary, spelling and correct grammatical usage and punctuation.
· Ability to be flexible in changing work priorities.
· Ability to act in a responsive manner to customer inquiries and requests: escalates the more difficult matters as necessary.
· Strong ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Advanced knowledge of team member benefit plan policies, practices and applicable laws.
Minimum Educational Level/Certifications
· Bachelor's Degree in human resource management, business administration or related field.
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications
· 3+ years of experience in the Benefits field or in a related area.
Physical Demands/ Environmental Conditions
· Work is performed in a business office environment.
· Occasional travel to site locations or off-site meetings.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Experience with retail and Leave of Absence for multi-state employer.
· Strong knowledge of Workers' Compensation.
· May have one or more of the following:
Certified Employee Benefits Specialist ("CEBS") or equivalent.
Group Benefits Administrator ("GBA").
Certified Professional Disability Management ("CPDM") or equivalent.
Certified Pension Consultant ("CPC").
Qualified 401(k) Administrator ("QKA").
Work Experience and Qualification
· Knowledge of PeopleSoft HRIS.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned. This job may be reviewed as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity.
COMPLIANCE & INTEGRITY: Consistently supports compliance and Workplace Conduct by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements (if applicable), and 24 Hour Fitness' policies and procedures.
All Directors, Managers and Supervisors are accountable for communication, implementation, enforcement, monitoring and oversight of compliance policies and practices in their departments.
SERVICE & QUALITY : In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by 24 Hour Fitness as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to member and team members, contracted providers and vendors.
WORKPLACE SAFETY: In addition to defined working conditions and physical requirements, team members are accountable for working safely; following established policies & procedures; and reporting all injuries and hazards to their supervisor immediately.
Supervisors and Managers are accountable for ensuring the safety performance of team members; applying consistent practices in compliance with federal, state and local regulations; providing guidance to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
FUNCTIONAL GROUP Human Resources